Motorcycles, Gear, Life.
A collection of ideas, reviews, and experiences for men who have reached that age.
If you’re not crashing…
You’re not trying hard enough.
-Every Racer Ever
aprilia atlantic ocean bearacer bling continental crashing custom explosions faster fat boy garage queen gear getbetter honda Instruction kawasaki motorcycle motorcycling racetrack superbike aprilia Plus racing protection Race School racetrack Racing restoration Riding set-up street riding suit suspension suzuki throttle Tires trackdays yamaha
Get your Men of an Age Gear here:
Products that Work!
These things are important. Protect your head and your motor, and remember traction is King! A first installment of products I endorse and you should try (Disclaimer: Amazon Affiliate links)
- Shoei X-14 helmets – Most important “bit of kit” you can buy. Don’t skimp. I’ve always worn Shoei and will probably never stop. They fit my head and I trust the brand to protect it.
- Motul 5100 T4 – Protects your engine like nothing else. Another item to avoid skimping on.
- Dunlop Sportmax Q4 – Simply awesome grip. Unless you are a expert racer, skip the slicks, warmers, and generator, and spare set of wheels for wet weather and just run some Q4s. You’ll be just as fast, save some money and thank me later.
- Continental TKC 80 Twinduro – There is a reason they’ve been around the world and around for decades. Good on every surface, easy to install, and readily available. I put them on the Dorsoduro 750 and can go anywhere a “true ADV” bike can go, limited of course by MY Ability.
People that know stuff!
Check out a few people I follow on YouTube:
- Ken Hill – if you’re going to listen to a podcast about riding your motorcycle. This is the one!
- MotoGeo – he has great adventures on a variety of bikes, like a quick trip to Vegas on a Dorsoduro to watch Supercross
- 44Teeth – a couple of funny Brits that do funny stuff, and ride everything
- Alberto Naska – “Racing is Life” for this Italian virtual racing star, reality TV winner, and very fast Novice racer.
A few links to my other blog “The Two Cheeks”, IG, and youtube channel with some track videos: