Motorcycles, Gear, Life.
A collection of ideas, reviews, and experiences for men who have reached that age.
If you’re not crashing…
You’re not trying hard enough.
-Every Racer Ever
Most recent posts:
This is an easy one. Riding Instruction Getting in shape Setting up your suspension OK there you have it guys. Three things 100% guaranteed to make you faster. #1 will cost you 1/3 of that new pipe that doesn’t do shit other than make you fail sound check, and the second one is FREE! #3Continue reading “A list of the best things to MAKE YOU FASTER!”
They used to call it “Run what you Brung.” I can’t tell you how many times I hear or read that someone can’t do a particular ride because they don’t have the right bike (this goes for MTB too). Seriously? I mean Seriously?! Just get out there and ride. Sure, you’re not going to takeContinue reading “You got a bike, then ride it!”
There are a lot of examples on the web on how to mount your tires yourself. Just be careful of the ones you follow! Do not, I repeat, DO NOT do it this way. There are hundreds of these videos on YouTube, some with thousands of views. That doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. EvenContinue reading “Tire won't seat?…don't blow yourself up!”
Get your Men of an Age Gear here:
Products that Work!
These things are important. Protect your head and your motor, and remember traction is King! A first installment of products I endorse and you should try (Disclaimer: Amazon Affiliate links)
- Shoei X-14 helmets – Most important “bit of kit” you can buy. Don’t skimp. I’ve always worn Shoei and will probably never stop. They fit my head and I trust the brand to protect it.
- Motul 5100 T4 – Protects your engine like nothing else. Another item to avoid skimping on.
- Dunlop Sportmax Q4 – Simply awesome grip. Unless you are a expert racer, skip the slicks, warmers, and generator, and spare set of wheels for wet weather and just run some Q4s. You’ll be just as fast, save some money and thank me later.
- Continental TKC 80 Twinduro – There is a reason they’ve been around the world and around for decades. Good on every surface, easy to install, and readily available. I put them on the Dorsoduro 750 and can go anywhere a “true ADV” bike can go, limited of course by MY Ability.
People that know stuff!
Check out a few people I follow on YouTube:
- Ken Hill – if you’re going to listen to a podcast about riding your motorcycle. This is the one!
- MotoGeo – he has great adventures on a variety of bikes, like a quick trip to Vegas on a Dorsoduro to watch Supercross
- 44Teeth – a couple of funny Brits that do funny stuff, and ride everything
- Alberto Naska – “Racing is Life” for this Italian virtual racing star, reality TV winner, and very fast Novice racer.
A few links to my other blog “The Two Cheeks”, IG, and youtube channel with some track videos: